Shimla AKA “Queen of Hills” is a charming little hill station in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It has been acclaimed for its natural beauty and serene lifestyle since the time of the British Rule. This town has collected some of the greatest architectural gems of the history, namely, the Viceregal Lodge, Gaiety Theatre, Christ Church, Annandale Army Museum, Himachal Pradesh State Museum, Gorton’s Castle, Peterhoff and most important of all - The Kalka Shimla Toy Train (a World Heritage Site). Apart from its historic treasure, Shimla also has very pleasing outskirts, namely, Kufri, Mashobra, Naldehra, Tattapani, Narkanda, Chail and Fagu. These places are covered under the green carpet of very old cedar and pine trees. It is a refreshing and life-changing experience to be in these hills.
The small city of Shimla has collected many architectural gems under the custodianship of British rulers. The Christ Church on The Ridge is not just a landmark; it is the emblem of the city’s diverse ethnicity. There are many churches in the main city that were built several years ago and still prosper in the isolated corners of the slow-paced city. Tourists find the experience of sitting within the holy walls as serene and laid-back as if the silence takes away the rush in their heads.
Shimla flourished as a city of high-class gentry in its hay days and the remains of its artistic culture still breathe in the historic Gaiety Theatre. The Gaiety Theatre was built with careful consideration to the acoustics. Its Victorian creators managed to maintain a balance between the science of sound and aesthetics. The upper floor of the building showcases British photographs. Tourists booking Shimla tour package for family must plan their itinerary to include these historic places in line.
The Viceregal Lodge or The Indian Institute of Advanced Studies and Baba Bhalkhu Railway Museum are other top historic places in Shimla.
Shimla Tour Package for Family
A Shimla Tour Package for family can certainly not skip the city’s most revered temples. Kali Bari temple and Jakhu Temple are close by the Ridge and The Mall Road. Tara Devi Temple and Sankat Mochan Temple fall near the National Highway from Chandigarh to Shimla.
One can also enjoy lip-smacking meals at the city’s finest eateries, mostly located near The Mall Road, Middle Bazaar and Lakkar Bazaar. Ice-Skating in winter, roller skating, evening walks on The Mall Road and Annandale are the cliché activities one can enjoy in a Shimla Tour Package. Honeymooners and couples get a good chance of exchanging thoughts on these leisure walks.
Visit nearby places such as Kufri, Mashobra, Naldehra, Fagu, and Chail with your loved ones. These places offer a lot of fun activities for a family and kids.
Best Places to visit in Shimla
- The Ridge of Shimla: The Ridge road is a massive open area, placed within the center of Shimla, the capital town of Himachal Pradesh, India.
- Kufri: Located at 2800 meters above sea level, Kufri Fun World is one of the highest amusement parks in the world.
- Green Valley: The inexperienced natural depression could be a stunning and exciting range of mountains that falls on the thanks to Kufri from Shimla.
- Jakhoo Hill: The highest peak in Shimla, featuring an ancient temple, trees & a huge statue of Hindu god Hanuman.
- Chail: Chail could be a hill station in Himachal Pradesh, India. It is 44 kilometers from Shimla and 45 kilometers from Solan.
- Kiala Forest: Kiala Forest, placed within the natural depression of Kotkhai (Shimla) is a motivating place to go to.
- Christ Church: Christ Church is that the 2nd oldest church in North Asian country, after St John’s Church in Meerut.
- Viceregal Lodge: The Rashtrapati Niwas additionally called governor Lodge located on the Observatory Hills of Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Take a Walk in Kuthar Fort: Kuthar Fort is placed within the timeless serenity of the chain and is one among the most effective places to go to in Shimla to induce into history.
- Annandale: Annandale has been developed because of the playground of the town. It is quite a scenic spot because it provides a picturesque read of the Shimla town and its surroundings are occupied by Cedrus deodara trees, oak trees, etc.
- Johnnie’s Wax Museum: The Queen of Hills Shimla has come up with a new museum i.e. Johnnie's wax museum for locals and tourists.
- Summer Hill: Summer Hill is a distant suburb of Shimla, the state capital of Himachal Pradesh at a height of 2,123 meters.
- The Ride-on Toy Train: The toy train ride is definitely the most tranquil journey in the queens of hill Shimla, capital of Himachal Pradesh.
- Chadwick Waterfall: Chadwick Falls is located in the Glen Forests of the beautiful city of Shimla. This stream of water trickles from a height of about 100 meters.
- Shaily Peak: Shaily Peak in Naldehra Hill station combines splendid leafage with a sorcerous climate, a match created in heaven.
- Shimla State Museum: State Museum is one the famous attraction in Shimla. If you are planning to visit the State Museum, find State Museum timings, entry fees, location and other.
- Kali Bari Temple: The Kalibari Temple in Shimla is devoted to divinity Kali. This religious spot offers a magnificent view of Himalayas, making it stunning hilltop.
- Manjathal Sanctuary: Manjathal Sanctuary is one the foremost various sanctuary of Himachal Pradesh.
- Cycling in Shimla Water Catchment Wildlife Sanctuary: Shimla Water Catchment Wildlife Sanctuary. It is situated 8km northeast of Shimla, just off the NH22 (Kufri-Shimla) highway.
- Mall Road: Mall Road is one among the foremost common traveler attractions in Shimla that enfolds several hotels, restaurants, clubs, bars, banks, shops, offices, post offices, and tourist offices.
- Tara Devi Temple: It is believed that the divinity Tara Devi came all the means from geographic region to Himachal Pradesh and then this temple is devoted to the divinity of stars.
- Lakkar Bazaar: Lakkar Bazaar may be a marketplace neighboring the Ridge in Shimla, India. Shops offer wooden articles targeted mainly at tourists.
- Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex: Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex is one the famous attraction in Shimla. Opened on the 30th of May in 1887.
- Gorton Castle: These buildings showcase the creativity of the artists and designers of the colonial era. Most of these buildings were built inspired by the Neo-Gothic architecture.
- Sankat Mochan Temple: Sankat Mochan Temple may be a sacred temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman placed in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Bantony Castle: The Bantony Estate may be a heritage website designed throughout the British era and is found on Bantony Hill of Shimla.
- Himalayan Nature Park: The chain of mountains Nature Park of Shimla, also renowned as the Kufri Zoo came into existence in 1992.
- St. Michael's Cathedral Catholic Church: St. Michael's Cathedral Basilica is that the cathedral church of the Roman Catholic bishopric of the provincial capital, Canada, and one of the oldest churches in Toronto.
- Army Heritage Museum: Army Heritage Museum Shimla will inform you about this army repository and make you feel proud for the achievements of the Indian Army.
- Indian Institute of Advanced Study: The Indian Institute of Advanced Study may be an analysis institute primarily based in Shimla, India.
- Kamna Devi Temple: The Kamna Devi Temple may be a lovely spiritual spot, located approximately 6 km away from the Shimla hill station.
- Rani Jhansi Park: Rani Jhansi Park is situated in the vicinity of the mall road, is a nice place to soak up some sun in winters.
- Narkanda: Narkanda may be a city and a Nagar council in Shimla district within the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
- Baba Bhalku Railway Museum: Baba Bhalku railway repository is devoted to Bhalku ram AN Indian subject UN agency helped the British government to designed Kalka Shimla railway line.
- Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary: This forest is located 11km away from Shimla into the forest sanctuary. This place is ideal for photographers and tourists alike.
- Skiing in Kufri: Kufri may be a lovely hill station of Himachal Pradesh. Known as the winter sports capital of Shimla.
- Tattapani: A popular tourist destination in Himachal Pradesh, Tattapani is a quaint village located 60 km away from Shimla.
- Naldehra: This place is famous for the oldest natural golf course in India. Naldhera a little place near Shimla in Himachal Pradesh.
- Horse Riding in Shimla: Horse riding may be a common and much-loved activity in each Shimla and Kufri. Horse Riding choices are usually offered at the Ridge.
- Jakhu Ropeway: Take an adventurous ride on Jakhu Ropeway Shimla. Jakhu Ropeway Shimla tickets are available online.