Looking for an 8-9 days long trip to Himachal? Then this Shimla Manali & Dalhousie Tour from Chandigarh is a great choice. Shimla Manali Tourism has a variety of Tour Packages from which you can pick out a trip plan as per your suiting or plan your own trip. SMT’s 8 Days long tour of Dalhousie along with Manali & Shimla is an ideal tour for week-long summer vacations, long honeymoon trips or a family outing.
Shimla or right called “Queen of Hills” will set the mood up for your week-long expedition. Leisure time at The Ridge & The Mall at Shimla is the perfect escape from your workaholic routine. With 2 days of reliving at Shimla, Manali will further pacify your mood with clean fresh air and heart-melting scenery.
Your remaining couple of days will thankfully be spent at Dalhousie or otherwise known as “Mini Switzerland”. Another attraction around Dalhousie is Khajjiar, where you can glide in the air & Chamba, where you can enjoy your time at grassy Chaugan.
By the end of this tour, your thirst for a relaxing holiday will be entirely quenched. You can live this trip around the year, but December, January, May, and June are ideal months for this Shimla & Dalhousie trip with Manali.
Day 1: Chandigarh to Shimla
- You will be received in Chandigarh and driven to Shimla which will take 3 to 4 hours. Check-in at the hotel in Shimla.
Day 2: Shimla Local Sightseeing
- Have breakfast and start for Kufri in a personal cab.
- Sightseeing in Kufri includes Wildflower Hall, Fagu, and Indira Gandhi Holiday Home.
- Optional horse riding is also available.
- Sightseeing in Shimla in the evening includes Lakkar Bazaar, Ridge, Mall road, Scandal Point and Kali Bari temple.
- The night stay is at the hotel.
Day 3: Shimla to Manali via Kullu (270 km 7-8 hrs.)
- Checkout from the hotel and proceed towards Manali
- On the way halt at Kullu for some adventurous activities.
- Night stay at Manali
Day 4: Solang Valley & Snow Point Sightseeing
- Start early for Solang Valley & Snow Point tour. (The place is famous for the view of snowy mountains, adventure activities and sledge rides.)
- Visit Rahalla Falls, Nehru Kund, and Him Valley on the way back to Manali.
- Night Stay is in Manali.
Day 5: Manali Local Sightseeing
- Local sightseeing in the first half of the day includes a visit to Hadimba Devi Temple, Manu Temple, Vashisht Temple, Vashisht Hot Water Sulphur Springs, Clubhouse, Buddhist Monasteries, and Van Vihar.
- The second half of the day is for Tibetan Market, Old Manali Village and the Mall road.
Day 6: Manali to Dalhousie (340 km / 7-8 hrs)
- Checkout from the hotel and drive to Dalhousie which will take at least 9 hrs to reach.
- Upon arrival check in to the hotel and rest for a while. Afterwards visit Jandhrighat Palace, Subhash Bowli, Bara Pathar, Subhash Chowk, GPO Dalhousie, and the last but not least Old Churches of Dalhousie.
- Walk from GPO to Subhash Chowk through Thandi Sarak, Dain Kund, and Bakrota Hills.
- The night stay is scheduled at Dalhousie.
Day 7: Khajjiar Local Sightseeing
- Post breakfast leave on a tour of Khajjiar – also popular as the Mini Switzerland of India.
- Visit Satdhara Falls, Khaji Nag Temple, Panch Pandav Tree and Panjpulla as well.
- Overnight stay at hotel in Dalhousie.
Day 8: Dalhousie to Chandigarh (330 km / 8 hrs)
- Checkout from the hotel and proceed to Chandigarh
- Chandigarh – Shimla = 130 km
- Shimla - Manali = 270 km
- Manali – Solang Valley = 13 km
- Manali – Rohtang Pass = 51 km
- Manali – Dalhousie = 340 km
- Dalhousie – Chandigarh = 330 km
Pickup and Drop Locations other than Chandigarh:
- Hotels are categorized as Budget, Standard and Luxury
- A personal cab for journey and sightseeing.
- All accommodation for 7 nights.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on AP, Breakfast and Dinner on MAP. On EP we’ll provide you only room excluding meals.
- All taxes related to taxis and hotels.
- Sedan: Tata Indigo, Toyota Etios, Swift Dzire (suitable for 4 adults or less)
- SUVs: Toyota Innova, Toyota Fortuner, Chevrolet Tavera, TataSumo (Suitable for 5-8 adults)
- Other: Force Traveler, Volvo Bus (ideal for a large group)
Personal Things to Carry:
- Winter Garments(Sweater/Jackets)
- Extra Pair of Clothes Comfortable Shoes and Clothes
- Sunscreen for High Altitude Sunburn or Suntan
- Personal Medics
Tour Ideal For:
- A small group
- Adventure Lovers
Note: Displayed rate is calculated per head for 4 adults on EP from Delhi